Importing Excel Budgets Into The Bison System
To work properly inside Bison, Excel budgets must follow a specific format. Please take note of the following:
- If Bison Pro Services is assisting with your report, we must have budget tables in this format to begin the project.
- The account number/name/description tag in the mapping table must precisely match the QuickBooks file or the mapping will break.
- Use the first date of the month as the Budget Date.
- We accept budgets mapped to accounts based on Account Name, Account Number, or a tag in the Account Description, similar to $$XYZ Expense$$.
- Repeat each account down the table, meaning there will be multiple rows per account. Each row will duplicate the account, but have a different date and value.
- We can update these files for you for a nominal charge when you send them to us, or you can get a Special Creator License to upload the changes yourself.
- If you are syncing multiple QuickBooks Company Files and you would like separate budgets included for each Company File, add a new first column in your Excel entitled “QuickBooks Company File Alias” and place the Bison Alias in that column.
Excel Budget Example:
(Click the image to download a sample template)